I have to admit, while I miss sugar and bread SO much, I do feel better for not eating them. So, I'm back on it this week and I thought I'd share a few of my favourite sweet recipes I've made of late... that have kept me sane!
1. Coconut pancakes
- 1 cup wheat free flour or rye flour
- 1 cup coconut powder
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 cups almond milk
- 1tbsp coconut oil, melted
2. Chocolate "icecream"
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut toasted
3. Chocolate "biscuits"
- half a cup of coconut powder*
- Handful each of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and oats
- 1 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 big spoon of melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
So I know this post is not the norm... but there are changes coming. So watch this space... and my instagram... and my twitter...
* I buy coconut powder from my local Turkish supermarket - corner of Lewisham High Street and Morley Road