Documenting our disastrous move from leafy north London to the grungy south...

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Healthy havoc

I've had such a lovely, long, lazy summer... well winter... I've been in Oz avoiding this rain, cold and grey. And in Oz I certainly didn't diet...! But after spotting these fabulous Banana, chia and oat balls on instagram recently, I decided to make them as a treat for a friend who wasn't feeling crash hot.

Thanks to Karen for the fantastic recipe - which you can find here. The only alteration I made was to add a quarter of a cup of cocoa powder. The dried coconut she talks about in her recipe I used coconut powder which I get from the fabulous Turkish supermarket on Lewisham High Street (cnr Lewisham High Street and Morley Road). I used bananas that were past their best and I don't have a food processor big enough, so I just mashed it all together with a fork. A great recipe for cooking with little ones I'd say! 

Don't forget to check out my instagram feed to see what I got up to over the "summer".

http://karenluvslife.blogspot.co.uk/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment